My mom makes this awesome spread by layering an inch of cream cheese, a layer of pesto (both basil and sundried tomatoes) and another layer of cream cheese. this goes in a bowl lined with saran wrap so you can flip it upside down on a plate.
My dad’s contribution to the night was locally brewed beer from the Publican House. The House Ale is a fan fave though you might want to go for the Square Nail if you’re feeling adventurous.
My mom specializes in mediterranean chicken dishes. This time she made Pollo Con Olive y Limon inspired by Williams Sonoma Rustic Italian Cookbook.
Bridget’s Pollo Con Olive y Limon
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Tsp each Seasalt & Black Pepper
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 4 Cloves Organic Garlic
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup Black Pitted Olives
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Lemon Quartered
- Sauté Red Onion, Garlic, Olives, Salt and Pepper in olive oil.
- Remove Red Onion and Garlic and set aside.
- In the same pan add White Wine, Lemon Juice and Quartered Lemons. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Use Mixture as Marinade for at least an hour.
- Place chicken in a pyrex pan and top with Red Onion mixture.
- Cook for 40 minutes at 350C.
- Serve with Hot Chilis.