Quesadillas have always been a favourite of mine. It wasn’t until my Latino friend told me how easy they were that I started making them at home. The secret is…
… to toast the tortilla on both sides in a frying pan before adding the cheese. Once the tortilla starts to bubble you can flip it. It should look like this:
Then you add the cheese all over and the other ingredients only on one side. I used the leftover chicken from my Carbonara recipe.
Make sure you have the heat very low or else this will happen:
This is where the whole patience thing evades me. Through the magic of the internet we will fast-forward to attempt number 2!
I topped it with the leftover Carbonara sauce. Very yummy – although adding that much fat to anything will make it good!
Quesadilla con Pollo
- 1 Tortilla
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Strong Cheddar Cheese
- Half a Chicken Breast Sliced
- Canadian Mustard Carbonara Sauce
- In a pan fry a tortilla on low heat on each side for about a minute or until it starts to bubble.
- Sprinkle cheese over entire surface and add chicken to one side and heat for a few minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Sandwich the quesadilla together and Remove from heat.
- Top with Carbonara Sauce and enjoy.