Curried Lentil & Chickpea Dip
Inspired by finding lentil chips (pictured above – they were tasty but not as good as rice chips) at the Bulk Barn one day I took on the challenge of making some lentil hummus. It turned out to be a tasty change from our normal hummus experiments. Any excuse to add lentils to a recipe is a good thing in my mind.
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Each Cumin, Coriander, Tumeric, Curry Powder, Paprika, Salt
- 1 Can Lentils
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1 Oz Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Water
- Saute Garlic and Spices for a few minutes.
- Add Lentils, Chickpeas, Water & Lemon Juice and simmer for 10 minutes (I would recommend rinsing the lentils & chickpeas).
- Blend in a food processor – add more water until a dippy-consistency is reached.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and lentil chips.