Curried Risotto: In an effort to be healthy and incorporate more vegetarian protein into my diet I came up with this recipe using basmati rice, red lentils and broth.
- Minced Garlic, 1 Tsbp
- Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
- White Rice, long grain, 1 cup
- Madras Paste, 2 Tbsp
- Lentils, 2 cup (or 1 cup dried – ensure you rinse them either way)
- Chopped Cilantro, 1/4 Cup
- Ground Coriander Seed, 1 Tsp
- Bay Leaves, 2
- Bouillon Cube
- Boiling Water, 4 Cups
- Saute onions & garlic until soft
- Add spices and curry paste
- Add 1 cup rice and saute for a few minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in hot water and add to pot
- Add lentils and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and serve.
Serving Size: Makes 8 1 cup servings