In my quest to find Rhubarb recipes a Polish friend suggested an Cranberry-Rhubarb almond tart. You will have to google-translate the recipe and take some creative licence but it’s easy enough to follow and easy enough to make. The recipe calls for flour but I’ve tried a almond-flour only method and it also works for a paleo or celiac friendly version.
Cover with a disk of dough and bake:
Here’s how my gluten-free version turned out – inspired by Elanna’s Pantry:
Not very photogenic but tasty!
Gluten-Free Rhubarb Tart
Paleo-friendly Almond Crust
2 cups almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Rhubarb Pie Filling
2 Cups Chopped Rhubarb
2 Cups Chopped Strawberries
1/2 Cup Sugar
- Place flour in a food processor and pulse a few times (you want to release some oils out of the almond flour).
- Add coconut oil and an egg and pulse until mixture forms a ball.
- Press dough into a tart pan.
- Mix together pie filling and throw into crust.
- Cook for an extended period of time – 45min at 350F. It might be less – I used frozen ingredients so it took a while.